The Executive Protection Operations (EPO) Security Specialist is a contracted position that will support our client’s Executive Protection Operations team by providing Event Security, Close Protection, and Secure Transportation.
This position will also be the Executive Protection Operations team’s liaison to client’s Risk Fusion Center, coordinating the flow of information among the two functions, handling incoming internal and external customer inquiries via telephone, triaging inquiries as emergent or non-emergent, answering questions and troubleshooting issues.
This position requires a highly skilled and dependable self-starting professional who is comfortable working in a varied and fast-paced environment. Must be proactive, detail, and solution oriented with the ability to multi-task and prioritize. The environment is highly confidential.
- Functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions. Candidate will be held accountable for successful job performance
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and are to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
Essential Functions Include
1. Coordinates and supports Executive Protection Operations.
2. Effectively communicates, both orally and in writing, with internal and external process
3. Answers, triages, and coordinates response to incoming calls from client employees,
vendors, business services partners, customers, and sometimes law enforcement
4. Effectively maintains record of inquiries made by internal and external process partners,
and records results of those inquiries.
5. Provides secure transportation as needed by Operating Council Members and
6. Participates in the planning and execution of executive protection operations.
7. Produces PowerPoint presentations, security operation plans, security risk assessments,
security executive event summaries and other written documents.
8. Reviews executive protection, security, and crisis related data sources.
9. Disseminates data to appropriate groups.
10. Maintains high levels of customer service with a philosophy of “Owning a Problem” until
it is resolved.
11. Partners with client’s management team to stay informed on procedures and related
12. Partners and communicates continually with shift managers to ensure all
communications are consistent with the Global Security mission.
13. Authors outgoing communications to various business groups.
14. Maintains control of sensitive security material and items located within the office as
dictated by procedures.
15. Follows established protocol for reoccurring events, tasks, projects, and other items that
require regular attention by staff.
16. Serves as a resource to the Risk Fusion Center during emergencies or crisis situations.
17. All other duties, as assigned.
18. Candidate must be able to travel 20% of their time for work.
The following are the minimum qualifications, which an individual may need to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position. Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference.
- Must have a valid Illinois driver’s license
- Must be willing to participate in pre-employment screening process, including drug
screen and background investigation.
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience.
- Executive protection experience, related experience in the Military, Police or an
equivalent combination is preferred.
- Emergency dispatching or security analytics experience is helpful.
- Security or crisis management related experience is helpful
- Excellent driving record.
- Thorough understanding of standard office procedures and practices.
- Knowledge and skill in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access,
Project, Internet Explorer, Visio, Outlook).
- Excellent planning, organizing, and project coordination skills.
- Interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Be an effective team member and handle projects responsibly.
- Prioritize, multi-task and work independently under tight deadlines.
- Clear and concise communicator with excellent interpersonal, oral, written and team
This Job Description is intended as a general guide to the job duties for this position and is intended for establishing the specific salary grade. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive summary of all responsibilities, duties and effort required of employees assigned to this job. At the discretion of management, this description may be changed at any time to address the evolving needs of the organization. It is expressly not intended to be a comprehensive list of “essential job functions” as that term is defined by the Americans With Disabilities Act.