Since 1997, multinational corporations, governments, and at-risk individuals around the world have relied on FAM International Security for specialized security solutions. FAM provides services for industry-leading multinational companies throughout North America, Asia, Latin America, the Middle East, and Europe.
Drawing upon experience gained through a combined total of more than 100 years of service in governmental agencies and law enforcement, military special operations, and corporate security departments, our skilled staff provides exceptional capabilities for our clients in every area of investigative services locally, nationally, and on a global scale.
A Team-Based Approach to Investigations
Utilizing state-of-the-art technology and a team-based approach to solving your problems, our investigators provide a full range of services and have extensive experience in the areas of investigative law and reporting techniques, background investigations, surveillance, interviewing, fraud and litigation issues, and information searches.
Bringing someone into your business, your confidence, or your family requires both courage and caution. The statistics are startling:
- More than 80% of corporate fraud is committed by employees
- Nearly 60% of hiring managers say that they have found a lie on a candidate’s application. (Careerbuilder.com)
- Industry insiders agree that up to 50% of resumes including management-level contain exaggerations, material omissions, and/or blatant falsehoods. (Forbes, 5/28/06; BusinessWeek 10/04/07)
- Nearly two-thirds of us agree that honesty isn’t always the best policy and that lies are okay. (Harlequin Romance Report 2008)
Whether for business or personal use, FAM’s background checks include:
- Name, address, and birth date verification
- Confirmation of academic and professional qualifications
- Criminal, civil, and probate records
- Address history
- Bankruptcies and liens
- Supply chain auditing
- Lawsuits, claims, and judgments
- Property ownership
- Previous marriages
- Relatives and associates
- Citizenship/immigration status
- Credit history
A FAM investigation will enable you to assess the entire spectrum of the transaction, and our recommendations will afford you the opportunity to reduce risks before you commit to the deal. So whether you’re adding a partner to your business, contemplating a merger or acquisition, hiring an employee, or getting married, use discretion and forethought and call FAM.
Insurance Investigation and Worker’s Compensation Fraud
Insurance adjusters, claims examiners, human resources managers, risk managers, and legal eagles rely on FAM International to deliver unassailable evidence that wins worker’s compensation and liability cases. The facts are alarming:
Nearly 25% of Americans say that insurance fraud is okay. And nearly half wouldn’t report someone for insurance fraud. (Accenture Ltd. 2003)
- A third of Americans says it’s okay for employees to stay off the job and receive worker’s comp benefits even though the doctor says they can return to work. (Insurance Research Council 1999)
- More than a third of bodily injury claims from car crashes are fraudulent. (Insurance Research Council 1996)
- Arson is the largest cause of property damage in the U.S. and accounts for 25% of all fires in America. (National Fire Protection Association 1998)
- Many insurers report an 1100% return on investment for fighting fraud. (Health Insurance Association of America 1999) And more than a third report that fraud has increased over the last three years. (Insurance Research Council 2002)
- Fraud accounts for 10% of U.S. healthcare expenditures. (Government Accounting Office 1992, National Health Care Anti-Fraud Association 2001)
Using subrosa surveillance, AOE/COE investigations, background research, trial testimony, or related services, FAM has the experience to expose the truth. Our expert investigations will expose and/or confirm fraudulent claims of physical impairment or deformity. We work closely with lawyers to understand their litigation strategy, determine how best to build an effective lawsuit, and take actions to substantiate your case. FAM’s experienced private investigators are thoroughly trained to interview potential witnesses and take depositions. Our participation in the process can often make the difference between winning and losing a case.
Business Intelligence/Due Diligence
Are you looking to learn more about what your competition is up to? Are you worried that your competition is covertly working to get that same information about you? Whatever your business intelligence needs, FAM has the expertise to provide you with the knowledge you need to succeed. We can also provide consulting and expert witness testimony for criminal and civil trials in matters pertaining to corporate security.
General Litigation Support
For any civil or criminal matter, FAM can work with your legal team to provide litigation direction, source/interview witnesses, review statements, analyze data and evidence, conduct background research, and provide a strategic overview to dramatically enhance your case.
Our team-based approach ensures that you’ll work with highly experienced investigators who provide insight, analysis, and answers to your legal challenges.
If you are experiencing trouble with a spouse, partner, or family member, or if you feel you’re in danger for any reason, protect your assets by calling FAM immediately. You will be assigned an experienced investigator to effectively and discreetly gather the information you need. We’ll meet with you at the location of your choosing and in the strictest of confidence. We’ll consult with your lawyers to craft an effective legal strategy and take any and all necessary actions to gather the evidence you need.
Fraud Risk Management
FAM’s network of national and international investigators works hard to thwart pirates, counterfeiters and thieves. Our approach provides our clients with a transparent overview of the supply chain and identifies the guilty parties, offering support through to prosecution.
FAM will work with you to develop a custom-tailored fraud prevention and response plan. We will move quickly and unobtrusively to:
- Stop the loss
- Identify the perpetrators
- Gather evidence utilizing experienced investigators, including those with expertise in Forensic IT investigations
- Review existing procedures
- Develop new, effective procedures
- Work with your legal team to assist in loss recovery
There are a myriad of ramifications caused by trade in pirated and counterfeit goods. Not only can your business suffer direct financial losses, there are many long-term issues such as loss of brand status and stock value.
We are also seasoned in the areas of:
- Investigating the willful infringement of trademarks and copyrights
- Data mining to identify and investigate corporate fraud
- Developing anticorruption strategies as a part of an ongoing risk management/loss prevention program
- Maintaining a 24/7 whistle-blowing hotline that receives information by phone, fax or e-mail, thus enabling your company to provide confidential, third-party services for employees who feel they have information that should be disclosed regarding matters such as,
- Sexual and racial harassment
- Disability concerns
- Illegal acts undertaken by the company, staff, or third party
Whatever your reason for needing information that can be obtained only through covert surveillance, FAM has the expert staff and technology it takes to deliver the proof you need.
When accurate knowledge of the assets of a company or individual is critical to you or your business, a FAM International investigation will enable you to make an informed decision. We have aided banks, corporations, law firms, judgment holders, and next of kin in the location of assets in the U.S. and abroad. FAM can help you ascertain the value and location of assets through our exhaustive search capabilities in the areas of:
- Real property records
- Bankruptcy records
- UCC-1 filings
- Divorce records
- Tax liens
- Tax appraisals
- Personal property
- Business interests
- Previous or pending litigation
- Financial information
- Identification of fictitious names
- Sources of income
- State corporate information
- Vehicle, vessel, and aircraft registration
Person and Witness Location
Using state-of-the-art technology and techniques, FAM International has the resources you can rely on to locate:
- Missing persons
- Birth parents
- Individuals attempting to avoid judicial action
- Runaway, missing, or abducted children
Our remarkable success rate with national and international searches has endeared us to law firms, financial institutions, and private individuals across the globe.
FAM is also qualified and capable of assisting with issues involving:
- Workplace Violence